About Patriot Perks
Patriot Perks is a program to help create, increase, and enhance engagement with George Mason University students, faculty, staff, alumni, and retirees in Fairfax and surrounding areas with City of Fairfax and other neighboring businesses.
Local businesses will offer discounts to the Mason community in which they are able to access by presenting their Mason ID Card (students, faculty, staff, and retirees) or Alumni Association Member Card (alumni). Many of these businesses will also accept Mason Money which can be added to any Mason ID Card.
Alumni Member Card
Your Alumni Association Member Card will give you access to discounts available to you through Patriot Perks! To download your George Mason University Alumni Association Member Card, please visit alumni.gmu.edu, log in to the alumni community, and choose the Alumni Benefits tab. The Alumni Association Member Card will be the first benefit listed.
Need to create an account?
If you have not created your alumni account, please follow these instructions:
- Visit alumni.gmu.edu and choose the login button in the upper right hand corner of the page. Select “First Time Login”
- Enter your First and Last names and click Find. Choose the profile that best matches your demographics (class year, zip code, etc.).
- You will be prompted to enter your MASON ID (this is not your G-Number). You can find this 10 digit number on a recent alumni mailer. If you do not know or cannot find your ID number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create your user name and password.
- Once you create your user name and password, choose the alumni benefits tab and the Alumni Association Member Card will be the first benefit listed.
We want to hear from you! Do you have a favorite perk from one of our participating local businesses? Nominate your favorite perk to be highlighted on the homepage of our website and automatically be entered to win prizes!
Fairfax City Connection
From one of the area’s hottest architectural design firms to a record shop that’s now a heralded destination in the region, Fairfax City is home to business owners who simply love being here. It is also home to George Mason University. There are a number of opportunities that can connect local businesses to residents and visitors throughout the year! From scavenger hunts, to dining, celebrations, to pop-up parks and much more. Discover Fairfax City’s creative placemaking programs and take part in what makes our city great!